[TR] O/D switch on gearlever

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] O/D switch on gearlever
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:22:21 EDT
I am  assembling a racing TR5 with OD.  Want to put the OD switch  on  the
gearshift lever.  Does anyone have a recommendation on what  is the  best way
to do this?  Did any Triumphs come this   way?
Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck
Yes this can be easily done by  using the gear lever from the 2.5 saloon
which had the operating  switch on the gearknob top. The wires went down
through
the lever  itself from the switch and fitting is relatively straightforward.

However the length of this lever is longer than the TR5/6 and straighter as
well
so some fettling might have to be done if you want to keep standard  length
etc.
When I bought my factory prototype TR5 ( comm. no.  X755) a previous owner
had done this already---I personally dont like  it this way and put it back
standard.
Hope this helps.
Alan  Graham
Scotland