[TR] Piping Perplexity

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Piping Perplexity
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 12:09:54 -0400
Hi List:

I've been working up under the dash and having strange times getting it all
together. Ron L'Herault sent me some digital pics of his 73's setup (thanks
again Ron!) and it's shown me something strange. 2/3 of my miseries are coming
from the fact that my eye-ball vent hoses are so stiff and brittle that I
can't bend them much without breaking. Ron's images on the other hand show a
rather different type of hose he assures me are original.

 My hoses are made of a rather stiff black plastic with very small fan-fold
corrugations every 1/10" at maximum. Very very brittle. When bent, they burst
faster than Al Capone's blood vessels upon hearing the words "tax audit".

Ron's TR's pipes look to be a soft black membrane with a spiral wire wound
down it every 1/4" or so.

Was there a change at some point, or has somebody set me up with a piece of
cruddy pool piping or whatnot? I'd much rather have the nice soft flexible
piping. Sort of willing to hang in there with my pipes now half covered in
sticky tape if they are some sort of magical original, but would prefer to
know which type is good for my 1972 TR6.

Does one have to order this stuff from the big 3, or can it be sourced at Home
Depot or other hardware-carrying soulless box?

Cheers,

Mark

1972 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org