[TR] Broken Motor Mount etc.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Broken Motor Mount etc.
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 13:24:23 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:29:15 EDT

Shoot!
In addition to the bad Head the Ole Lady 3B has a
busted motor mount drivers side, rubber separated from
the bottom plate. Looks like an Ugly  job since there
is little room to work under there.  Oh well probably
need  to renew both
of them. ...
--------
Hi List!
I would suggest replacing BOTH of them. Now, I don't
know about a TR3, but my TR4/A was very easy the 2nd
time I replaced these motor mounts.
Procedure that I used the 2nd time:
1- Loosen top & bottom nuts, but do NOT remove them
yet.
2- Placing a block of wood under the Sump Pan (SP) [to
prevent any damage to the SP], jack up the motor until
the support is just or almost touching the 2 top nuts.
3- Remove one end of one side of nut. [Ex:top right
side]
4- Now, jack up the motor until the motor  leg support
is clear of the top motor mount stud.
5- Remove the lower nut of that SAME Motor mount, &
remove from the car. [You may have to jack up the
motor a little bit more, BUT be careful because the
other side is still connected.]
6- Install the new motor mount & lower the motor to
get both nuts on, the top & bottom studs.
7- repeat 1->6 steps on the other side.
8- Lower the motor onto the frame & secure all 4 nuts.

BTW- IF there were any spacers on any of the Motor
Mount Studs, then be sure to reinstall them back in
the same place. This is why I had to do the same job
twice.

Now if this method will NOT work on a TR2 or 3, then
please state so to me. I'm still in the learning stage
of mechanical doings on other TRIUMPH's.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org