RE: [TR] TR4A Engine Bay Fuel Line Routing

To: "Jeremy Kinney" <kinneyjr@msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4A Engine Bay Fuel Line Routing
From: "Kirby Vaughan" <mrkirbyv@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 00:05:49 -0400
Jeremy,
Having just gone through this with my TR6, I can offer some insights.

Classic Tube will make a stainless prebent fuel line for you with proper
connectors.
Or you can bend your own from stock brake line. The difficulty is finding
the compression connectors to fit the fuel pump. TRF had the ones for the
carb side, but I still haven't found a source for the tank side nut. The
tank side compression olive is standard and can be obtained from TRF or many
other plumbing supply houses. It needs to be a "long" olive as opposed to
what you would find at Home Depot.
The bending is not very demanding, NAPA has a bending tool from KD Tools
with about 1/2 inch radius that is perfect. The tools with the larger radius
are useable but don't do as neat a job. Since there are no flares required,
it's a fairly easy job if you take your time. Check one of the parts manuals
to see where the hard line should bve routed.

Kirby...