Re: [TR] Suspention and Exhaust

To: scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Suspention and Exhaust
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:41:24 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/2006 3:07:03 PM Central Standard Time,
scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net writes:
> If I put new shocks and springs, what else should I do while i'm there?
> Bushings? Anything?
>
> Here's what I'm thinking regarding the suspension:
>
> . New TRF upgraded springs
> . New Front Shocks (leaning towards the adjustable Koni's, but stock is
> cheaper...alot cheaper)
> . Rebuilt rear shocks from Apple Hydrolics (upgraded version)

If you are going to do it soon put the alignment until after all the work is
done.

Here's my thoughts:
-If you are going with uprated front springs you should also do uprated in
the rear.
-Instead of Apple, use Peter at World Wide Auto (?) in Madison.  I got some
upgraded lever shock rebuilds from Apple some years ago and I think they are
still too soft.  Peter will work with you on valving.
-You don't have to replace the bushings at this time but if they are in need
you may as well.  They don't cost all that much and you're half way there
doing the springs.  You can piecemeal it if finances dictate but I recommend
doing
it all now and then get the four wheel alignment.  The transformance in the
car's characteristics will be striking.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6