[TR] Suspention and Exhaust

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Suspention and Exhaust
From: "scottpaisley" <scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 12:46:49 -0700
Well, I just placed the order for the Exhaust, and what'd I choose? I
went with a stock mild steel muffler. I figured I could run this for a
few years, and decide what I really want, and if it lasts, then great!

With the money I saved, I put some of it into some redlines and
wheeltrim. Not wanting to kill my investment in the redlines, would mean
an alignment, but also shocks and springs...

Do have I have the beginnings of shipwrights disease?

If I put new shocks and springs, what else should I do while i'm there?
Bushings? Anything?

Here's what I'm thinking regarding the suspension:

. New TRF upgraded springs
. New Front Shocks (leaning towards the adjustable Koni's, but stock is
cheaper...alot cheaper)
. Rebuilt rear shocks from Apple Hydrolics (upgraded version)

I'm afraid if I head too far down the path, I might not turn back! It's
not time for a full resto! I need to drive! Help! :-)

-Scotty
'74 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org