Re: [TR] looking for a north carolina 1963 licsense plate

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] looking for a north carolina 1963 licsense plate
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 06:45:22 -0600
Chris Simonsen wrote:

>Anyone got a 1963 North Carolina license plate out there?
>As long as we keep the correct plate in the car,  we can run around with the
>year of manufacture tag on the car.
>Anyone got one out there they want to get rid of?

Chris, when my 8 y.o. started his license plate collection a couple
years ago, we bought a few plates on eBay from a fellow who turned out
to live nearby. He is thinning out his collection, so we visited him.
Wow, that's a hobby that rivals LBC obsession! His two-car garage
featured a fintailed 50's American car and boxes and boxes of plates
everywhere. Then he has his best plates on a display system, with a room
with a loft he build on the back also filled with plates. He says eBay
has given him a much nicer retirement than he expected, and his wife now
approves of his hobby. He belongs to the local ALPCA chapter and they
have twice-yearly "shows" near Denver. Maybe there's a club or show in
your area?

http://www.alpca.org/

Also, you'll find a lot in eBay. You'll get a feel for the values, and
if you see a seller with a lot of SC plates just send a note asking for
a '63 passenger car plate. If you're not too picky, expect to pay $5-10.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org