[TR] Fuel Line Blockage???

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Fuel Line Blockage???
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:10:11 -0400
Before I start tearing things apart, let me ask the List is this makes any
sense. Just went out to run some errands and after about 20 minutes the car
starts to miss and it keeps getting worse. I get home, pop the hood and
notice that there's absolutely no fuel in the fuel filter. Usually it's
about 1/2 full. So I'm thinking a clogged fuel line. I shine a flashlight
into the tank, which is full, and it looks like there's rust flakes sitting
in the bottom of the tank.

So heres the "my theory" part. I can't remember the last time I had a full
tank of gas in the car. Probably last summer some time. Usually what happens
is when I get low on fuel I fill it about 1/2 way which is plenty for my
typically short trips around town. The car sat all Winter with 1/2 a tank
and STA-BIL in it. Maybe condensation formed surface rust on the empty half
and filling it up (twice now this Spring) flushed the rust off of the tank
walls and through the system? However, I don't see any crap in the fuel
filter.

Would it be a bad idea to disconnect the fuel line at the filter and give it
a blast of compressed air to clear the line to see what happens?

It's been about 30 minutes now and there is a little fuel in the fuel
filter.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6