Re: [TR] Fuel Line Blockage???

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Line Blockage???
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:12:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/2006 1:14:23 PM Central Standard Time,
75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:
> So heres the "my theory" part. I can't remember the last time I had a full
> tank of gas in the car.

When did you take out the mortgage on your home?

(Just kidding)

Probably last summer some time. Usually what happens

> is when I get low on fuel I fill it about 1/2 way which is plenty for my
> typically short trips around town. The car sat all Winter with 1/2 a tank
> and STA-BIL in it. Maybe condensation formed surface rust on the empty half
> and filling it up (twice now this Spring) flushed the rust off of the tank
> walls and through the system? However, I don't see any crap in the fuel
> filter.

Anything could happen.  Another possibility is water got into the tank (maybe
with some of that gas you bought) and resided at the bottom of the tank
causing it to rust.  Do you live in an area that uses ethanol in the fuel?  If
not
water will not absorb into the gasoline very well and this could happen.

> Would it be a bad idea to disconnect the fuel line at the filter and give it
> a blast of compressed air to clear the line to see what happens?

Blast it back into your tank so it can find its way into your lines again?  I
think that at the end of the day you will have to drain and pull the tank and
get it cleaned and lined.  Lucy you, tank removal in a TR6 is quite easy and
straight forward (except for that pesky fill hose).

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org