Re: [TR] brake line blow-out

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] brake line blow-out
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:23:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/2006 3:16:23 PM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> With compressed air could I blow my TR3's REAR BRAKE LINE if I take it off
> at
> the brass 5-way valve?  I would rather not disconnect the line from the rear
> brass "T" OR the rear wheels (which I have done in the recent past).

Sure, just open a bleeder and blow away.  But why?  Are you wanting to purge
out all of the old brake fluid and replace it with a different type?  If so
you may not get all the fluid out of the wheel cylinders since the bleeder is
on
top.

Whether that is a problem is a matter of fervent debate.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org