[TR] TR3 MC Clutch MC to slave adapters needed

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 MC Clutch MC to slave adapters needed
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:26:49 -0400
I am about to connect the line from the Master Cylinder to the Clutch Slave
Cylinder.  I am trying to think this thru as I've never seen it done on a
Triumph before.  Was that line was originally 5/16" or 3/8"- can someone tell
me?  Anyway, I think the PO installed a red plastic translucent tube with
alum. ends.  I think prievously I learned that this was TR6 line- it might
also be 5/16 or 3/8".
    The biggest change is the size of one of the ends.  This plastic red TR6
line can be reused, it fits the master cylinder ok, but is too big for the
Girling Clutch Slave Cylinder's female holes.  I am sure NAPA will have
suitable adapters- I think!

I wonder since this Clutch line was plastic, if I could also use plastic or
rubber on the brake lines?  I have a feeling that's a stupid question- you
have to admit that a left foot stomp is as strong as the right foot's stomp.
Right?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A