[TR] Value of a TR3 today is?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Value of a TR3 today is?
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:40:33 -0700
I'm tossing around the idea of selling my TR3 but have little idea of what
it is worth today and was hoping you could help me out here. Rather than say
what MY car is worth, perhaps it may be best if we break it down such as:

Full on restoration with lots of rust
Full on restoration with some rust
A rolling restoration candidate
A decent daily driver
A good daily driver
A very good daily driver
Concourse

I know that to describe my car via text is less than ideal so I'll simply
give a general overview to help you out. I did a full ground up rebuild
(more a rebuild than a restoration) to it five years ago, and it's been on
the road for 3 years now, with little more than a couple of thousand miles
on it.

It started out it's life with me as a rescued parts car I found in the
bushes. It is a 1958 TR3A wide mouth body and I put it on a 1960 running
gear/frame. The hood is not correct for the year car, all rust was cut out,
the drive train and brakes were fully rebuilt, chassis sandblasted and
painted, original seats in great shape, okay side curtains, good original
soft top (Rear window needs replacing) and is pale yellow with steel rims,
new tires, carpet and glass. There are a few things wrong with it but
nothing worth mentioning or worrying about.  It starts and runs well and
would be a great "Daily Driver".

If  you are able to offer any advice on worth I'd appreciate it, I'm looking
for a price that is good for both me and the buyer with the scales tilted
towards the buyer.

If you could kindly let me know if it's US or Canadian dollars I'd
appreciate it. And if you know anyone looking feel free to pass this along.

Thanks so much
Pat
Victoria BC