[TR] TR6: brake caliper thread question

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6: brake caliper thread question
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 13:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to finish the brake system overhaul on my 76 TR6 and I bought a set
of rebuilt calipers rather than sending my original ones out for rebuilding.
The marking on the the calipers (old ones vs. rebuilt ones) both say 16PB and
have the same part number on the casting.  However, the original brake pipe
fitting will not screw into the new rebuilt calipers (but of course does fit
the old calipers).   I thought that since the rebuilt calipers were marked the
same as the old ones, the threads should be the same.   Is this not correct?
Any suggestions?   Which thread pattern should the 76 TR6 have?

  Thanks in advance!
  Greg
  1976 TR6
  Denton, TX

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice

===     http://www.vtr.org