[TR] Paul Dorsey....gas pedal linkage

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Paul Dorsey....gas pedal linkage
From: tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:39:25 -0400
Paul,

I've been able to remove and install the pedal linkage without removing the
pins....with and without the engine in place.

I started by sliding the pedal into the hole and feeding it until I reached the
flange with the donut. I then slid the shaft endback to the final rest position.

Obviously this is easier done with the engine out of the car, but with a little
patience, can be accomplished either way.  Make sure you have the spring and
steadybracket and all the components on and in the right order.

I found the REAL challenge was to screw the bearing assemblies (donut and
covers) to the firewall. Use a VERY short screwdriver or a Chapman set for the
(8) screws.....(4) each side.

Hope this helps

Bob Stahlbush, pres., British Motorcars of NE (bmcne.com)

60 TR3A
66MGB
70 BSA A65 Thunderbolt
70 BSA A65 Lightning