[TR] Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #2610

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #2610
From: don spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:08:31 -0600
Even better than the 122 was the 123GT.

In 1956 Volvo launched one of its most successful model ranges, the
"Amazon" series. Starting with the 121 and 122 models the Amazon
range soon established itself as a comfortable, reliable and well
built car which also introduced new levels of safety equipment. The
range continued to expand from 1956 with numerous models including
121, 122, 122S, 122 (updated and designated B18), 131,133S, 133,
221/222 and finally in 1968 the 123GT "sports" version. Production of
only the 2-door models of the Amazon continued until 1970

The 123GT is a special version of the 2 door chassis (130) with high
compression B18B engine, M41 4 speed + overdrive transmission, fully
reclining seats, front fog and driving lights, alternator, fender
mounted mirrors on some models, special steering wheel, special dash
with shelf and rev counter.

Production figures wasn't Volvo strongest point and it is believed
that around 1500 were produced in 1967 and 1968
only...............Click here for more information...

===     http://www.vtr.org