[TR] Flap along front edge of sidescreen hood/top

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Flap along front edge of sidescreen hood/top
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 16:00:07 +0200 (CEST)
When I bought my TR, it came with a new, unfitted canvas hood & fittings
in the boot, of unknown provenance and without fitting instructions. On
the inside, this hood has an extra flap of material along the length of
the front edge. I've not seen such a flap on other sidescreen hoods. Here
are some pictures to show what it looks like:

            http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekieboom/trhood/

I'm unsure what to do with this flap when I start fitting the hood. Is the
flap supposed to fold and are the Tenax fittings to go through both the
hood and the folded flap? Or is the flap to be left unfolded and does it
lie on top of the windscreen when the hood is fitted?

Thanks for any answers.

Eric

--
'57 TR3A TS23315L