[TR] Drive your LBC to work week

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Drive your LBC to work week
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 21:11:06 -0400
Had a great week (on the way and back home from work!).

A little bit of rain here and there - but no problems with the tonneau!

Today - weather people said we  had a nice belt of thunderstorms rolling
through later in the day. I drove in with the top down and used the umbrella
from the tool kit to hold the tonneau up - not so elegant but surprisingly
the right height. Home depot for a dowel to try the tennis ball and stick
trick this weekend.....

Big storms today around 3pm. Also our fiscal month end is today so I was
shipping everything but the bathroom fixtures.

Shipping cut off was 8 pm. Saw a break in the storm around 8:20pm  (my job
makes me work long hours - stinks) and made a dash for the car - still
raining but not pouring. Zipped back the cover, closed the umbrella and ran
off to the convient store to park under the cover and put the top up.

As usual, once above 45 mph or so, the TR4 has surprisingly little
precipitatoin that enters the cockpit. The little lip that the top tucks
into around the top of the windshield also works as a pretty nice rain
gutter....

Parked under the shelter - also bought a bottle of wine and went out to put
the top up.  Naah. Too much fun with the top down!

Pulled out acellerated up to 55  ahh nice and dry  and then one of those red
spots on the weather channel opened up over my head.

Best time I've had driving the car so far this year!

For the sake of everyone on this list - I resisted the urge to use the
umbrella at the single stop light between the store and my home! (which of
course I hit!).  I can't imagine what I would look like......

I do love this car.

Chris

===     http://www.vtr.org