RE: [TR] Stainless steel brake hoses anyone?

To: <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Stainless steel brake hoses anyone?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:31:03 -0700
>  Are there any differences in the
> stainless braided hoses from vendors? I want good hoses that fit, but if
> there all the same I'll just get them from a decent supplier -
> Anybody have
> any experience good or bad? I'll be ordering them this weekend -

All I can report is that I was unhappy with the SS hoses I got from Rimmers
for my Stag.  Went ahead and used them, but the adapters (!) didn't fit well
and took a lot of torque to seal.

Was careful to afterwards try locking all 4 wheels a few times in places
where I didn't have to stop soon (and there wasn't anyone behind me).
Doesn't say anything for safety margin, but at least I tested them to all
the pressure I need to stop the car.

> Hopefully the fluif didnt damage the pads and I can just spray them with
> brake cleaner  That Silicon fluif is darn slippery!!

IMO you should just go ahead and replace the pads.  Any kind of brake fluid
will soak into the pores, beyond the reach of brake cleaner, and then come
out when they get hot.  New pads are a lot cheaper than ...

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org