[TR] TR4 Axle/differential followup and more questions:

To: "TAB" <boggiano@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Axle/differential followup and more questions:
From: "TAB" <boggiano@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 10:53:14 -0400
I spend the afternonn yesterday and pulled the rear axle out of the car.
Came out quitre easily, after I opened the rear end of the diff and took a
peak inside the pinion seems to have lost a tooth which came out as mankled
metal in the bottom of the case.

Thanks to all the offers I think I have a axle differential located close to
me in MA.

On to other questions
The rear dampers mounting on the frame were loose, Should they be loose or
tightly fitted, The do look like they are 40 plus years old so I am going to
replace while I am in there

The rear springs now that they are not loaded sag to different levels, the
left side sags about 4 inches more than the right? Do leaf springs need to
be replaced on a regular baisis, There look like they are also 40 years old.

While I have the entire rear end of the car on the floor of the garage what
else should I do there?

Thanks
Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org