Re: [TR] Decarbonization

To: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Decarbonization
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:44:11 -0400
I'm not sure if I cheated but,  I teed my vacuum line and put a hose with an
aquarium clamp and hooked it to my (clean) windshield washer bottle. Used
the aquarium clamp to slow the feed to water so I could barely keep it
running at 1500 rpm.

I filled up the washer bottle with Distilled water and drove around while it
sucked water.  Not sure if it cleaned anything but I put 4 bottles of water
through on trips to work.....   I don't have data to show it runs any
better, but in my mind it seems to runs better.....

Before anyone else tries this I have to ask if this was a prudent thing to
do.

Adding this little bit of water under driving loads - would this hurt
anything?  I've heard of water injection on turbos so I figured it couldn't
hurt (but the water there evaporates before it hits the piston in the turbo
application). Maybe hurt no more than a leaky head gasket?

Chris

===     http://www.vtr.org