Re: [TR] mystery strips & + ground

To: mhooper@digiscreen.ca, ZoboHerald@aol.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] mystery strips & + ground
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:48:34 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/2006 1:34:36 PM Central Standard Time,
mhooper@digiscreen.ca writes:
> Even more oddly, I'm informed that serious consideration is being given
> to using some large-scale HV DC power distribution.

Which has been made much more achievable these days with modern power
electronics that were not available back in the day.

The advantage to DC transmission is the elimination of the AC related
transmission losses.  The disadvantages are the conversion losses.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org