Re: [TR] nyloc nuts

To: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] nyloc nuts
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:37:48 -0700
The accepted wisdom is "No"!  That said, I have re-used them on occasion
when in a pinch.  But when I do, I always give the nut a whack on the nylon
side to disturb the part where the bolt has grooved the nylon.  That sorta
disturbs the nylon and gives it more of a possibility of securing the nut
properly.

It also does not hurt to use a bit of "Locktite" on the bolt.

Joe