Re: [TR] nyloc nuts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] nyloc nuts
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:56:32 -0400
The "no" answer comes from the aircraft industry and the FAA standards
prohibiting their reuse.

However, that prohibition on reuse was lifted well over a decade ago, back
when I was spinning wrenches on jets.  Nyloc nuts are allowed for reuse as
long as the locking threads are not so worn that the nut cannot meet the
minimum torque value.  AC43.13-1B if you're so inclined.   Section 4, 7-64
f.

So the real answer is yes, you can reuse them.  Many folks aren't aware of
that though.