[TR] body tub

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] body tub
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:36:40 -0400
Body tub painted today and it did come out nice. Now after I mount the body on
the frame I will be able to make some real progress.

I decided to go with the PPG single stage DCC for the entier job since I was
planing to use DCC for the body proper. The price of that paint sure went up
since the last time I used it.

I was going to use regular acrylic enamel for the body tub and DCC for the
rest but decided it would be cheaper just to buy a gallon of the DCC, and not
2 qts of enamel and most likely 3 quarts of the DCC.

PPG was able to find a mix for PPG 8380 in the single stage. It turned out to
be very close to the original color. A very pearly white.

A very hard, long and dirty job getting the tub ready for paint. Glad it is
finally completed.

I am going to give it the rest of the week to harden and then mount it on the
frame on Saturday.

Now the real fun starts... Doors, fenders, hood, trunk. And maybe next spring
or early summer there may be a new TR4 on the road in central NY. That is if
I can remember how to put it all back together!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org