RE: [TR] OIL LINE FROM FILTER TO GAUGE

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] OIL LINE FROM FILTER TO GAUGE
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 07:29:56 -0700
> Related question: does oil actually get to the gauge or is it just
> compressed air?  When (if, at the rate I'm going) I fire my engine for the
> first time, how long should it take for the oil gauge to register?  Would
> it make sense to prime the line first?

I wouldn't worry about the gauge line, as Dave and others have noted, the delay
due to the line being full of air is negligible with the stock line.  However,
IMO it's very worthwhile to spin the engine with the starter, plugs out, until
the gauge registers; before trying to start it for the first time.  If you do
that, then the gauge should be moving by the first time it fires.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org