Re: [TR] Early TR4 - Rear Brake Cylinder Installation

To: lbc.resto@comcast.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Early TR4 - Rear Brake Cylinder Installation
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 12:30:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/2006 10:45:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lbc.resto@comcast.net writes:

When I  took the rear brake cylinders off the car the dust seals were not
present  (probably rotted out in the barn). My original Haynes appears to show
the seal  between the backplate and under the cylinder slide-in locking
fittings. The  Moss catalogue shows the seal over the top of those fittings.
Which is
correct? If it is over (per Moss) then the opposite end from the handbrake
lever would appear to just flap in the wind.

==AM==
I think I'd go with Moss on this one. I don't see how the dust seal could
survive long UNDER the locking pieces, since the whole assembly has to be  able
to slide back and forth.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org