[TR] brake calipers ifno

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] brake calipers ifno
From: "Doug" <dougm1000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:48:46 -0700
My brake calipers need to be replaced and I am looking at ordering rebuilt
calipers.  There are many numbers on the calipers and they are not clear but I
think they read as:

1)  Type 18P    DA20067     64526048 or 64328048      and on the other side of
the same caliper T64326050 or T84326050
2)  Type 16P    CA20047     64526047 or 64326047      and on the other side of
the same caliper T64326051 or T84326051

I am using new Brembco 25012 rotors and they are 10.75 inch rotors.

These calipers are to go on a 1962 TR3B, TSF447.  I have been told that these
Type "C" calipers (as defined by Moss), with pins, were used up to TR6's.  I
have learned the supposed change points in the TR3B's are not as often
identified so I always go back to what was on the car by part number.

Can anyone tell me what calipers I have and what years of Triumphs used this
caliper. Due to the high shipping costs of the cores to the big two I was
looking at Cardone reman or Femco reman calipers and neither show TR3
applications but do show TR6.  If these were used to TR6's was there up to a
certain year that they were used, because I will need to tell the parts guy to
order them for a TR6 since they don't list the TR3 or TR4 in their computer.
The parts guys don't seem to be able to dig into anything that does not show
up on their computer.

Thanks for all the detective work you can assist me in.

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org