[TR] Early TR4 - Timing Cover Oil Seal

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Early TR4 - Timing Cover Oil Seal
From: lbc.resto@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 23:58:17 +0000
When I had my TR4 and then TR5 as daily drivers thirty odd years ago in the
olde country, if something needed replacing I went to the BL dealer and got
parts that looked the same. Nowdays parts are remanufactured or updated and
don't always look like the part being replaced. This is the situation with my
timing cover oil seal.

The old seal innards had aged and disintegrated when I took the cover off. I
think I know which way round the replacement should go, but I am (obviously)
not 100% sure. I have attached 2 pics (I hope). I would appreciate opinions on
#1 or #2.

Thanks
Ian

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of T
Cvr Oil Seal Config.JPG]

===     http://www.vtr.org