[TR] 1975 Spit distributor

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 1975 Spit distributor
From: "Beaudoin, Jonathan" <beaudoin.jonathan@ville.gatineau.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:40:42 -0400
Hi list members,

Just bought myself a new toy and found some strange things about it. Maybe
some of you will be able to help me. It's a 75 spitfire 1500. The engine
number is FM23XXX UE SS so I guess it's a Factory rebuilt engine from 1974.
The problem is I can figure out wich cap rotor, ponts... to order. The
distributor is not the delco like the 73 - 74 US spit and not the Electronic
one from 75. I guess it's a Lucas but the only numbers on it are 25D. It also
has a trim screw for adjusment (I guess).

Does one of you have a 74 (SS) engine? could it be the factory that supplied
this unit with rebuilt engine? I check over the web and I did not find
anything about spitfire with 25D dist.

Thanks'

Jonathan
75 Spit