[TR] TR4 Engine Pitting

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4 Engine Pitting
From: lbc.resto@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:22:26 +0000
The barn find engine is going back together. My M.O. is to get it running so I
can check out the whole drivetrain before winter. Then if anything I don't know
about needs doing, that will be the time. I have replaced the rings and con-rod
bearings, but I anticipate doing a proper engine overhaul in a year or 2.

I am ready to put on the "new" head (it came without one). The top surface of a
couple of liners have some pitting, as does a couple of place on the top of the
block. Is there any sort of epoxy, or similar, that is strong and resistant
enough that can can be used to smooth these out?

Thanks
Ian

===     http://www.vtr.org