Re: [TR] Will a TR4A loom fit a TR4

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Will a TR4A loom fit a TR4
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:32:59 -0700
diggle@clear.net.nz wrote:

>I have a 1962 Right hand drive TR4 and am looking at
>replacing it with a TR4A loom. What are the main differences
>between the looms if we assume that they are both right hand
>drive. Has anyone done this without a lot of fuss.

Just off hand I seem to recall the 4A may have had a horn relay, a
back-up light and a 2-speed wiper switch/motor and of course the little
front lights moved to a different spot (out on the wings) on the 4A.

The site has wiring diagrams for both the 4 & 4A... you might print and
compare:

http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf

Geo H