[TR] TR4a transmystery continues

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4a transmystery continues
From: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 01:09:50 -0400
Had it back apart, replaced a gear, getting good at undoing that awful
circlip, etc.
Back together, being careful, and voila! it works through all the gears, and
reverse. Time for celebration? - well, not quite...
As we start to slowly lower it onto the overdrive, there comes a point where
something binds, so back off it comes to be examined, and now it has the
same symptoms as last night:
-neutral and fourth seem to work like fourth i.e. the output turns at the
same rate as the input, and any in other gear it just locks up (almost;
there is a little play)
-first motion shaft and mainshaft are not binding
-no synchro cups are stuck

Stumped, and frustrated.

Any ideas? Remember, it was working well, and now something has
changed...and I did not take anything apart between working and not
TIA
Jim W
2TS81417L (with TR4a tranny)

===     http://www.vtr.org