[TR] TR6 Ball Joints

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Ball Joints
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:16:18 -0400
I've had this clunk toward the front end.
I thought it might be a loose shock, so I checked it out and nothing loose
there.
I took it over to Firestone so it could be put up on a lift to get a better
look.
They couldn't duplicate the noise on the lift;  but the ball joints took a lot
of grease.  They sugested replacing the upper and lower ball joints, since the
uppers seemed suspect.
My repair manuel says to use a special tool to release the ball joint from the
vertical link.  Unfortunately they don't illustrate this tool.
I have never replaced ball joints on the car , so I'am not familar with the
operation.  ( This has to be the last unreplaced part :)
  Can it be banged out with a hammer?
I am thinking about doing it , since  I have a set of ball joints here.

Thanks
Al

===     http://www.vtr.org