RE: [TR] TR6 Ball Joints

To: 6parts@charter.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 Ball Joints
From: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:40:00 -0400
Al,

Just did that today...well all bushings, shocks, springs...etc

We didn't have the tool(pickle fork or ball joint separator) either...if you
rap on the vertical link the ball joint should come out, but keep in mind
you have to compress the spring...I guess you can jack the spring pan using
the weight of the engine to compress the spring.  Once you have that done
then you can rap on the vertical link.  I wouldn't try trying to hit the
ball joint bolt directly...it's a tapered fit.

I too have a clunk even after we replaced everything.  I suspect it's the
fact that the brake pads need replacing badly...we were wondering if the
calipers were shifting?

Cheers,

Todd