Re: [TR] fuel pump direction

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] fuel pump direction
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:08:55 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>Ive mixed up the direction of my fuel pump pipes (brass ends) and I dont
>know which pipe is the inlet that comes from the gas tank or which end is
>the outlet going to the carbs.  However, one pipe allows me to both blow and
>suck and the other pipe only allows me to suck.  Which is which please?  No
>dirty jokes please.

Paul -- you may have a faulty (inlet) check valve (which might account
for the 'no fuel' problem you were having).

At the inlet you should be able to blow, but not suck.

At the outlet you should be able to suck, but not blow.

And yes, I went out in the garage and got personal with my spare pump
just to be sure this was true.  Think I'll go brush my teeth.

Geo H