[TR] wiper boxes etc.

To: Triumph Email List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] wiper boxes etc.
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:17:21 -0400
Just finished assembling the wiper boxes etc on the TR4 project. How did the
assemblers at the factory keep their wits and not go crazy performing this
task day in and day out?

I guess I am lucky with smaller hands. I dont think anyone with large hands
could do this.

I dont believe I had this kind of trouble with the TR3A.

But after getting all the tubes in place, the wire gear drive went in without
a hitch. Thank goodness for small miracles!!

Did I do this job in the correct order? I dont think the assembly can be
installed intact.

I started by installing the boxes, then the center and end tubes. Next I
inserted the drive into the first box, center tube and end tube finally
getting the lead tube in place. THen I tightened the box drive covers,
connected the drive to the motor, tighented the nut and then finally the 3
7/16 " bolts to the body.
And getting the drive on the motor, tons of fun. plenty of room..

Now I have my brake and clutch mc assembly in place. I could see it would be
easier to do if I did the wiper assembly first.

But what  happens if the motor goes bad? Does that mean you have to take apart
the brake/clutch MC assembly? I hope not.

Is there an easier way to do this just in case I have to replace something in
the wiper assembly?

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org