[TR] White Snaps on TR6 Black Tops

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] White Snaps on TR6 Black Tops
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:40:15 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/2006 5:12:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
standardtriumph@btinternet.com writes:

AFAIR  the snaps were black on black and white on white. The milky
translucense  to which you refer on your own car and those of others would,
IMHO, be  nothing more than the effects of prolonged exposure to ultra-violet
light  and the simple aging process. I've seen this on the older cars  myself

Hey John,
After further review this stickler is sticking to his guns.  I spoke  with he
original owner of my 71 TR6, Corkscrew Johnny the owner of  the Local Liquor
store, and he said the following:

"I remember vividly that the top came with white plastic snaps.   All around
the Silver Stripe. They were a pain to replace when the broke  because they
were hard to find."

Johnny is a cool dude and purchased my TR6 new right here in  Richfield,OH. A
little freaky because he loved the car as new so much he  was afraid to drive
it very much.  I got it in 1989 with only 16,000  miles on the clock.  I
thank him every time I see him for saving it for me.  FYI, it has passed 42,000
as
of now and will get a good work out at the 6-PACK  Trials.

Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org