[TR] Some roll bar questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Some roll bar questions
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:55:45 -0700
Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how to best install a roll bar so
there is the least disruption to the carpet in the back when the roll
bar is put in and taken out for different occasions.  Mine is currently
mounted to the floor and must go under the carpet due to hole placement
in relation to the ledge edge.  Right now the carpet needs to be pretty
cut up in order to get the roll bar in or out.  I am getting ready to
recarpet so right now I could do something different like move the holes
just enough to mount the roll bar on top of the carpet (the carpet is
not real thick).  I plan to weld washers and nuts to the underside of
the body so removal can be done from the top and this would also take
care of the elongated holes in the floor.

Also, I have toyed with the idea of getting a wind blocker (primarily
for my riding companion) and wondered about attaching a a piece of
plexiglass to roll bar for the same effect.  Thanks for any assistance,
Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org