RE: [TR] TR6 Clutch Frustrations

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 Clutch Frustrations
From: "StevesTR6" <stevestr6@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:40:33 -0700
Hi
  I don't know if you remember my post about from about a month ago
regarding my TR6 clutch but a lot of you sent replies and some of them made
me think and led me to the solution.

  Somewhere along the way, I think I must have put in the wrong T/O bearing
or perhaps it's all true what they say about the B&B pressure plate always
causing problems, I don't really know. But for whatever it is I decided to
get more throw out of the clutch pedal. So I contacted Apple Hydraulics and
bought a .75" bore Clutch master to replace .70" that was in my car and that
worked! The larger diameter piston moves more fluid and this causes the
clutch to disengage at the perfect spot. I was a little afraid of some
mechanical failure occurring from the increased movement but it is all
holding together and working 'just right'.

Thanks for all of the advice, I am quite happy about how this turned out.

Regards,
Steve
'74 TR6
Hollywood Beach, Ca