RE: [TR] TR6 Clutch Frustrations

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 Clutch Frustrations
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:15:41 EDT
Hi Steve,
    Hey, I'm glad to hear the clutch MC swap worked out well for you! Dunno
why, exactly, Triumph made the decision to go to the smaller diameter bore that
left little margin for error and wear.
    The next improvement you might want to consider would be to install one
of the adjustable slave cylinder pushrod kits that are now available for TR6. I
see them on eBay occasionally, and, more expensively, from Moss. Adjust for
about .100" play and check it every 12K mi. or year or so, for much
longer-lived clutch.
     Cheers!
     Alan Myers
     San Jose, Calif.
     '62 TR4 CT17602L
     http://www.triumphowners.com/640
 ....I don't know if you remember my post about from about a month ago
regarding my TR6 clutch but a lot of you sent replies and some of them made
me think and led me to the solution.... So I contacted Apple Hydraulics and
bought a .75" bore Clutch master to replace .70" ...that
worked! The larger diameter piston moves more fluid and this causes the
clutch to disengage at the perfect spot...
    Hey, I'm glad to hear that MC swap worked out well for you! Dunno why,
exactly, Triumph decided to go to the smaller diameter bore that left little

===     http://www.vtr.org