RE: [TR] about to ruin something

To: "'Paul Dorsey'" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] about to ruin something
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:30:36 -0700
> Ive
> just installed a rebuilt fuel pump (the original kind with the hand
> activation lever).  During the tight quarters installation I
> did not pay
> attention to this lever.  Now that Im finished, everything
> looks ok and
> time to test it.  I reach down to this lever and its rock solid froze
> against something and wont budge.  Am I about to ruin
> something if I turn
> the starter over?

I sure wouldn't chance it, Paul.  It may be that the pump arm is wedged
against the camshaft (due to either improper installation or wrong pump),
and turning the engine with the starter may break either the pump or the
camshaft.

Of course it might just be something wrong with the pump, but why take the
risk ?  Pull the pump off and find out what's going on with it.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org