[TR] TR vac advance (part 2.)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR vac advance (part 2.)
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:02:33 EDT
(* cont.)

VACUUM ADVANCE

Ins. of merc. vacuum    degs disributor advance degs. crankshaft advance
                        min     max             min     max
<2                      -----------   no advance to occur --------------
3                       0       1.0                 0       2.0
4                       0       2.7                 0       5.4
6                       2.5     5.5                 5.0     11.0
8                       4.8     7.8                 9.6     15.6
10                      6.5     8.9                 13.0    17.8
11                      7.0     8.9                 14.0    17.8
20                      7.0     8.9                 14.0    17.8

Whilst I find the above information intriquing, for my own TR4 ('63 open
breather but with 4A in & out manifolding) I am sticking with the Lucas 40795
with
vacuum unit 2-6-3 and carb needles spec'd just prior to final smog driven
choices.

Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

ps; Randall regarding Greg's numbers shown below his 'degree crank advance'
should read 'degree distributor advance' according to my official factory
workshop manual.

--
The data I have for a 40795A is that it should have a 54413565 vacuum unit,
with specs of 2-6-3 (normally marked on the unit).  Meaning that advance

YMMV ... if anyone knows different, please let me know.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org