RE: [TR] Speedometer and Tachometer internal lubrication

To: <gdewine@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Speedometer and Tachometer internal lubrication
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:09:06 -0700
> Prior to installing I want to lubricate the
> internals.

Tony Rhode's has written an excellent article, at :
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rhodes/speedo.pdf

Not for the faint of heart ... if the lube gets in the wrong place, it will
upset the calibration or worse.  For the later units, you may need to drill out
some rivets, while being careful not to damage the return spring.

> Also how should the cables be lubricated?

I like to remove the core, and give it a light smear of grease.  Again, not too
much, as you don't want it to work it's way into the head.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org