[TR] British Invasion Epiloge

To: "Scions of Lucas" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] British Invasion Epiloge
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:15:35 -0400
Listers-
    Once again, a wonderful event in the mountains of Vermont. Last count I
heard was 650 LBC's (some were BIG BC's)
150 of which were Triumph's! Some of which were quite rare. Dave Hutchison's
beautiful Italia as well as a TR10 from Franconia NH with an original
interior. I had never seen one in person, very cool. Billy Shea's electric GT6
was fabulous as he won an Honorable mention in the concourse event. Cruising
speed of up to 60MPH with a range of 30-35 miles, he is still getting the bugs
worked out of it. Very well done. Anthony Brennan won the TR7/8 class in our
ex-TR7 Spider. A beautiful job prepping the car, it was stunning! Aaron
Cropley's TBI injected TR6 and Rick Patton's Injected/Blown Tr6 were very
innovative and well sorted. They garnered lots of attention on the field. A
great showing for Triumph!
    I spoke with a few listers Saturday but apologize to others as it seems
that I was everywhere but near my cars on the field both days. Sporting the
Joe Curry list stickers (thanks Joe), the GT6 and TR6 were all but abandoned
on the field as the parts vendors and car corral had the bulk of my attention
on Saturday.
    Once again this year, the class winners were parked next to me. The
GT6/Spitfire first place on Saturday went to a beautiful GT6+ parked next to
mine. The early TR6 class was the same result only better. Chuck and Doreen
Giorgio of NET not only won the class, but best of show parked next to my
ratty 'ol TR6! This is about the 7th or 8th year in a row that the winner of
the early TR6 class has parked next to me. A first for Best of Show however.
It is also the 2nd year in a row that the winner of the GT6/Spitfire class has
been next to me. Next year, I will be auctioning off those spots beside me to
finance my ongoing restorations, as I have proved again that my cars will look
anything look good.
    A casual walk in the parking lot outside the show yielded a viewing of a
Marcos, an MG Arnolt coupe and a Peerless GT w/Spats! You could have thrown a
blanket over all three as they were parked very close to one another.
    Overall a splendid weekend for all things British. This was the first year
in 10 that the hood was down on the TR6 all weekend.  I have marked next
year's event on the calendar and will be there again without fail.
Good to see those I did and apologize to those I didn't see.

Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6 (2 Notch runs, 463 miles, no awards and top down the whole weekend)
70 GT6+ ( 2 Notch runs, 485 miles, no awards, temporary record holder in the
Rat Cage on Sunday until the Mini's and Bugeye's showed up).

===     http://www.vtr.org