Re: [TR] 1 Question and pics...

To: "Beaudoin, Jonathan" <beaudoin.jonathan@ville.gatineau.qc.ca>,
Subject: Re: [TR] 1 Question and pics...
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:36:11 -0700
Jonathan,
Having used both of those products, I prefer hands down the Pertronix, for a
couple of reasons.

1. It is a drop in installation that just replaces the points.  No
modifications are required.
2. If it fails, you can reinstall the points agnd get running again without
major hassle.

I also seem to have had better reliability with the Pertronix.  The Crane
unit started misfiring at 4000 rpms after a few years of use.

Joe