RE: [TR] Classic Car Insurance

To: "'Ian'" <Lbc.Resto@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Classic Car Insurance
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:08:09 -0700
> Does anyone else do that for daily driver
> classics?  If so,
> what about "agreed value" etc?

I have my Triumphs insured that way, with a "stated value" policy with
Mercury.  That means that, if I suffer a total loss, they get to pay the
lesser of the insured value or the "actual market value".

My TR3A was totaled on the freeway a few years ago, and although I would
much prefer that it not have happened, I have no complaints about Mercury.
They decided the AMV was more than my stated value (I knew I should have
upped it, but didn't), so they just wrote me a check for the entire stated
value ($8K); and I got to keep the car and it's title.  Since my freshly
rebuilt OD wasn't harmed, it seemed like a fair deal to me.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org