[TR] TR3 Leaky carb

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 Leaky carb
From: "Ed Oot" <eoot@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:06:07 -0400
All

The rear carb is leaking slightly, wet when you touch the bottom of the rear
jet assy. I understand that the most likely culprit is the gland washer. The
PO had the carbs rebuilt about 2 years ago. Is the washer all that I need
replace, and (duh) which is the washer? Is it the one called cork washer
fitted in sealing ring (in parts cat)? Anything else I should definitely
replace? Also can this be done easily enough with the carb still attached to
the manifold?

Also, while going through the piles of stuff that I got with the car I found
two small brown envelopes marked Grose Jet with a jet inside. How can I
identify if it is a Grose, or the or the original jets that may have been
replaced. The ones I'm looking at have a plastic piece that fits inside.

thanks
Ed

===     http://www.vtr.org