[TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems Part 1

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems Part 1
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:23:14 EDT
List(s)

I kind of wondered about this, but the first I have heard of a problem.
Interesting!

I was considering doing this a new project build I am doing using a TR4A
frame with solid axle. Will reconsider.

I also converted my early TR4 to tube shocks for Vintage Racing. Pretty
beefy, but still is showing signs of stress and will have to be re-engineered.

Now for the final comment.  I just came across a guy who has developed a
lever shock that has external adjustability with a knurled knob. He showed them
me at Road America and they seemed to make sense.  This guy is a rebuilder of
shocks and I believe is capable of doing this. I am hoping to test them out
soon.

I am fascinated by this...anyone else?

Joe (A)

===     http://www.vtr.org