Re: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems Part 1

To: ms6453@optonline.net, tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems Part 1
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:15:13 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/2006 11:20:40 AM Central Standard Time,
ms6453@optonline.net writes:
> I think I also saw some where that a polyurethane bump stop was
> available. I wonder if the harder material would deform the metal
> portion of the stop. I guess it's better to just give the shock more
> room to compress.

Although I have never seen it happen on a TR6 I have seen some Austin
Healey's where the front suspension bump stop has poked a hole in the metal
bracket
designed to stop it.  I think this is a cse where more compliance is better.

> You da man.

Yeah.  Hat's off to Dick for offering up the most plausible mechanism for the
failure.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org