RE: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:21:37 -0700
> And my opinion is quite different.  Since the eventual point of force
> application remains the same (the end of the trailling arm)
> the net forces applied to
> the shock mount doesn't change.

Mental exercise :

1) Compute the torque applied by a 1 pound force applied to the end of a 1
ft wrench.

2) Compute the torque applied by a 1 pound force applied to the end of a 10
ft wrench.

Hint : They are not the same, even though the applied force (eg the force
from resisting the motion of the trailing arm) is the same.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org